SPE Family Day


Student of Petroleum Department
Family Day
25th Sept 2010

Since I have been the member of SPE, the family day was the first event and fortunately it was a family day where you can meet informally and can come close to each other as a friend.
The intresting part of the Invitation was, we had to go to the dinner along with a gift.

The dinner was arranged at the Mosque UTP pavilion.

The event started with the enthusiastic and humourous speech of the President and as expected, the food was served.. When i say expected I mean, SPE is mostly governed by Chinese and it was 8 pm at night. I mean they cant live hungry this long. Their dinner is usually around 6, so should be very hard to stay back.

After the Dinner, we had ice breaking session, where in every one introduced himself or herself. I came to know that I was
the Senior of all the students but not the Eldest. haha..

Ice breaking session was followed by ball throwing activity, where in we had to remember the names of the person throwing the ball as well as we need to know the next person we are throwing to.

And finally we had Gift distribution activity. All the students who had brought the gifts were labbeled with a number and then those numbers were randomly distrubted among the committee members. Like one get no. 1, gets the gist titled number 1. I was wondered to see that people had brought fully wrapped beautiful gifts of all kinds, but I just simply buy at the shop the chocolate biscuits and bring it as a gift.

I got the number 20 and the gift. :)



WITH a Beautiful message saying :

"Hi!, A gift from you and a gift from me.
When ever you are frustrated with study, eat
this candy and feel cool and sweet.
Haha !!! " Boon

I liked the gift as well as the Message,, was so lovely. Boon is the head of our department and he is the nicest Chinese friend any international can have. I am happy to have him.

Thats it about the SPE family Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PULAU PENANG (Island Of penang)

MATHEMATICS OLYMPAID